Thursday, April 30, 2009

Three Weeks Down, One to Go...

Another week has come and gone. I can't believe this trip is already nearing its end!
Dr. Bonnie Higginson and Dr. Campoy came to visit this week and do some observations. Mine went surprisingly well but I was happy to see it finished.
I've been teaching more this week. 2nd form is reading The Sword in the Stone by T.H. White and working on Gerunds (ooo... Verbals!). 3rd form is doing a poetry unit and today we are beginning "Richard Cory" by Edwin Arlington Robinson (I love this poem).

This weekend is our big Tourist Weekend in San Pedro. A few of us have discussed going out fishing on Saturday with one of those packages where the people clean and cook whatever fish you catch that day.

Personally, I just want to kick back in a hammock and nap.

I'm sure some people are curious as to what's happening with the swine flu in these parts... to tell the truth I have no idea. Dr. Bonnie made me go to the doctor last night (Stomach issues, headache, and she was worried I had a fever) just in case. That gave me the opportunity to ask about the flu. They said that there are some people who have flu-like symptoms but there are no confirmed cases of swine-flu yet. I'm not too worried about it, to be honest.

Like I said, I'm only a week away from my return to Kentucky. I'm starting to miss it. Rice and Beans are good... but I'm ready for my parents' cooking (mmm... baked steak!).

Also, 9 days from now I will be a college graduate (even though I'm not walking at graduation, I'm opting to go to Lexington to spend graduation with some of my favorite people ever). I will be in Ashland on Friday and Lexington Saturday.

All you CCHS students get ready, I'll be back that next week (probably the 14th or 15th) to do a presentation (I promise I won't give a quiz...).

I need a summer job... badly. Any ideas?

I've become accustomed to "Belize Time" down here. Everything moves at a much slower pace. I've not had my cellphone on since I've been here (except once for 5 minutes to see if I had reception in Chetumal, Mexico... I didn't). So it is probably going to be a rude awakening when I get back home and everything is all "go go go go go".

I hope everyone is doing well!
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment