Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Half Way Point

Can it be that my trip is halfway over already?! Surely not! Alas.
Anyway.
Tomorrow is "Open Day" at school where there are no classes but booths are set up to display students' work from the past semester. Students present what projects and work they have done to their parents and the students who visit from the lower schools. Students are going to be dismissed early from classes today to give time to set up for Open Day tomorrow.

I have gotten together my plans for what I'm teaching next week. In 3rd form I will be doing a poetry unit and in my 2nd form class I will be doing the Sword in the Stone for Literature and Gerunds (I can't get away from them!) for the grammar portion.

I have the unit plans for both due on Monday (eek!).

This weekends' activities include Cave-tubing and Zip-lining in San Ignacio in the Cayo District of Belize as well as a trip to the Belize Zoo (Jaguars and Tapirs, oh my!).

There is a cockroach that has taken up residence in the dresser in my and Dara's room. I've decided to call him Henry. He's somewhat massive in size.

It seems all I do around here is eat. The food is SO good. Last night we made our third trip to Restaurant Mirasol (this time I got the traditional stewed chicken instead of the rotisserie).

Cafeteria lunch here at school isn't too bad. Yesterday I had nachos and Chicken Tortas (a bun with chicken, lettuce and mayo).

Hopefully I will get some more pictures uploaded soon (I've figured out how to get to facebook from school so trips to the internet cafe haven't really happened lately). I plan on taking a lot this weekend on our trip to San Ignacio.

Hope all is well with you all.
-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment