Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Getting familiar...

Today I got to interview the Mayor of Corozal, Hilberto Campos. It was really interesting and I learned a lot about the town, business and development.

There are currently only four of us in Corozal, the other 7 went to Punta Gorda to go to a conference. Instead four of us are doing community projects.

Tonight we're cooking dinner (I think).

This weekend we are all traveling to the ruins at Lamanai and then to Chetumal, Mexico.

I spoke too soon saying I wasn't sunburned... I am, even on the backs of my hands! (ouch.) But maybe it will turn into a nice tan (or maybe fade away, who knows).

I've gotten used to smelling like Sunscreen and Bug Spray. As soon as I step out of the shower on goes the bug spray. There are tons of bugs, ants, mosquitoes, spiders, and many others. But they really aren't so bad.

I found out today that only a few days ago a 10ft. crocodile was caught in the bay only 200 yards from our housing. The New River is only 1 1/2 miles away and they think it got lost and turned around. They said it wasn't the first time that had happened. Hmm. Note to self: watch out for crocodiles.

By the way... the Chinese food here is amazing. Sorry August Moon and China Wok, you ain't got nothin' on this. It was soo good.

Pictures will come soon, once I find a faster internet connection.

Time to go explore the town (and hopefully find some ice cream).

<3 Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment