Friday, April 10, 2009

It's finally here!

My student teaching in KY is now complete. I'm definitely going to miss it! My final day was spent mostly talking and eating. My First Block class had donuts. Second Block we had Dairy Queen. Third Block was Pizza and Fourth Block was cookies and desserts. I was definitely on a sugar rush by the end of the day (which led to my inevitable crash, falling asleep in Hilary's car as we ran errands yesterday afternoon). 
I loved student teaching and am definitely going to miss my classes and students (Yes, it's true :) ). 
They all signed a big poster for me and wrote notes so I hung it up on my wall. 
I had fun and I feel like I learned so much. I definitely became more comfortable standing up in front of a class. No matter how many education classes I had to take (which was a lot), student teaching by far has been the best learning environment yet.


In Belize news...
The MSU shuttle bus to the Nashville airport leaves at 2 AM, only 14 hours to go!
In that 14 hours I have to:
Fill out one more online job application
Pick up transcripts
Mail all of my other job applications
PACK
That's right, I haven't packed yet. I've made my lists of everything I'm taking, but I haven't packed them up yet.

I did, however, find out that my first week in Belize I am doing a project on local businesses and education, health care, and culture down there. (I know I've been doing grammar too long, I just looked at that sentence and thought: Ugh, I would hate to diagram that.)

Moving right along...

Last night Sara and Erin planned at going away party for Dara and myself, it was definitely a blast.
I definitely couldn't ask for better friends.







Anyway, I suppose I should actually start doing productive things today (after I catch up on the latest episode of Castle, of course). 

2 comments:

  1. Yes we have done grammar FOREVER! But it love grammar! So here's what I'm going to do, I'm gonna diagram that sentence and figure out the sentence structure and when u come back from Belize. I'll give u the answer! :) Have a fun and safe trip! U r not allowed to meet anyone better than me ( oh wait u wont! HA!) love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy, it's Todd I'm commenting from my phone. I hope you made it safely! How did Cancun look, even if it was only from the airport? Don't forget to twitter, especially when you update your blog. Happy Easter! Let me know what's happening... I'll be checking back regularly for updates. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete